It's starting to sink in. I'm starting to realize that there will be times that Daddy will be irreplaceable. I'm a great Mom...but I'm not a Dad. I'm not here to replace him. That's not a requirement - for me to fill his shoes. So, I will turn to my Dad, my Father-in Law, my brother, and my male friends to help fill in and bring a Godly male presence to our family. But let's face it, no one can be Sean. He's the best. The absolute best.
So, I will rely on my Heavenly Father to fulfill us when that absence is too strong. When no one can do it "just like Daddy" I will look to my sweet and patient Heavenly Father. He can not only fill his shoes, he ordains all of the steps that Daddy (and his ladies) take. I will do my best to rest in that promise.
Super sweet pics. You are a strong woman Carlye!
ReplyDeletewe're here feeling it here with you.
ReplyDeleteCarlye,
ReplyDeleteNo one can or should try and replace Sean. However, you know that Sam and I will be there at any hour, any place to do what we can. I know that Kevin would say the same. Hang in there, it won't be as long as it seems right now. Love, Dad