Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Update

We have done a lot of fun little things this summer. We haven't taken a big trip or had anything super duper amazing happen, but we've had lots of little fun times. I am not one of those people that needs a huge summer. I know lots of you take vacations (which I, too, will do someday) and lots of you visit faraway relatives. Some of you busy yourselves with lots of creative time and I do get to partake in some of that, but mostly this summer we have just been thanking our marvelous God for each other. All of our extra money right now is being used for renovations and so we just hang around our town and our house and grill and play and paint and watch sunsets...and realize what is truly important in life.
Here are some pics of some great moments we've had together.


This is Lily holding a Monarch butterfly at the Butterfly Festival we went to in KC with Auntie Cass, Maasen, Leah, Cassidy and Mamaw. (oh, and those are Monarch wings Lily is wearing...we just had to get into the spirit of things :)


These are my bathing beauties in our ghetto pool set-up in the backyard. We might not have a super awesome pool, but we have a crocodile fountain AND a castle slide! Ye-haw!


These surprise lilies just popped up in our backyard near our stone wall. I know they're super common, but every time I see them I think of my Grandma Violet calling them "naked ladies". I miss her still.


This little guy is living at the base of our tree. I mistakenly took this shot with auto focus on, so it zeroed in on the plant, but I just had to include our little guy in his happy little home. And it's so cute when Mirah goes out there and yells, "Oh Toooaaa! Oh Toooaaa!"


This last pic is actually from the 4th of July weekend, but it's so lovely that I just couldn't leave it out. I love that the girls' hair is totally wispy and free. The look just kind of sums up how our summer has been. No frills, but lots of beauty.

As far as our spiritual growth is concerned, we have much to learn still, but we are walking in Spirit and Truth. God is showing us new truths each day that we can take hold of and begin walking in. We are building a heritage for our children that is lasting, sure and godly. He is so faithful and is also very intense. I am finding that when you begin to ask Him to show you things in your life that need changing, that need a re-working from the inside out, He begins to blow through the walls of your home, your heart and your life in ways you never thought possible. He is a jealous God that wants nothing less than all of us. Trusting Him to clean out my cobwebs, to go into areas that no one has seen - so much liberation! So much love! I cannot believe I have lived this long without this much freedom. Wonderful thing is, there's more freedom to be had each day.

Like I said in our very first post, we don't have it all together. Hope this doesn't sound that way. We aren't claiming perfection. We are claiming Him to be perfect and are asking Him to use us for His glory. "He who began a good work...will be faithful to complete it...".

Thanks for perusing our summer and sharing our walk of faith. May He have all the glory and honor and praise.

5 comments:

  1. Hope we can see you all again before summer is over. Is there any plan for Lily's birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are plans a-brewin'. I will keep you posted. When are you going on vacation??

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool. we have plans for kc for the last weekend in august (28th and 29th). my dad will be gone on her actual birthday so just plan on the 28th-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the butterfly picture and your surrendered heart for the Lord. Dive in deep to the ocean of His love

    ReplyDelete