Nope. I did some praying and thinking and realized that I had just skipped that part. I took the "ask and keep on asking" line in the Bible and turned it into "sit and keep on complaining". Ugly stuff. But God, in His infinite wisdom and love beckoned me to Himself. He lured me (I'm seeing a fly-fishing line going through the clear running water here) and He brought me to Him. I sat on His lap and lay there, asking, begging for Him to provide those that "call to the Lord out of a pure heart".
Bless the Almighty in his lovingkindness and mercy!!!! (Just give me a sec, my eyes are all teary...praise with me!)
We have some friends (I'll get pics of them soon...they run fast so it's hard to get good shots ;). Kevin and Allyse Keeney and their two sons, Mikey and Jack, and their daughter Cadence have been our friends for a little while now. We met them years ago, but the relationship has really taken off the past few months. Sean has been in a men's group with Kevin for a year now and Allyse and I are embarking on this home-school thing together very soon (as in a few days) and so the togetherness just keeps happening. We're together a lot. We have been going through a lot of spiritual changes separately and it's amazing the parallels we have found in our families. Long story short, I have been longing for the Jewish traditions in my Gentile life and wouldn't you know it!!? THEY approached US about doing Sabbath together! I mean, what!? Wow. God is amazing. Not only that, but we visited their small church yesterday - you know, to get to know them even better - and WHAM! it was like walking into the middle of a river and getting sucked under. The Holy Spirit was moving. Moving. Moving. Moving. I was overwhelmed. I was blooming inside. I was home. God was alive and real and tangible and...well, now it's all changing. Life is about to change. We have been blessed with all this - literally we have blessings falling in our lap.
All this because I asked. Have you asked? I mean really? I'm not trying to belittle those of you who have been truly asking for years...you are the blessed ones talked about in Matthew 5. May His peace rest on you. I didn't ask, though. I just complained. All I'm saying is that there is a huge difference. I'm glad I see the difference now. I praise the Almighty for His provision.
Come, Lord. COME!
I find myself in the same boat. About asking. I think I asked, when actually I just thought about it. And since the L-rd knows our hearts, I assumed He would answer without me asking. Well, that is not proactive. I find myself realizing I had thoughts but hadn't asked. So I need to wrangle all those loose ends into some questions, that I physically speak to the L-rd. He knows what I need but I need to partner with Him and talk to Him about it. That is relationship. Not just one sided with Him doing all the work. I need to TALK to the L-rd. Maybe He will meet me like He met your family when you asked.
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome story! I'm so excited for you guys. And I had a similar revelation lately about a desire of my own heart. I had a word that the L-rd wanted to provide something, but I hadn't done any talking to Him about it myself. So I started. But I have to admit, I haven't been very faithful. This is a good reminder to get back to it.
ReplyDeleteBAM! I felt the presence of the L-rd right here in Scooter's as I read your testimony. Praise the L-rd for His gift! And thank you for sharing. It is encouraging and helpful for me to hear praise reports like this. I'm excited for this next stage of your journey!
ReplyDeleteI was secretly hoping you were going to say you were moving to merriam and going to become a part of Kingdom Living. However, I am very excited for you and your new community!
ReplyDeleteLauren, I know! I asked for that first. I really did.
ReplyDeleteBut I felt directed to pray for a community in general after a bit, and that seems to be what He wanted to give.
But oh, if I had my way...Merriam would have their population go up by 4! ;)