Saturday, November 6, 2010

Okay, peoples


So, I thought my old pic was hilarious...

...but apparently I was the only one.

I don't usually care too much what others think,

but the emails were getting a little overboard.

I kept having to answer, "Yes, I'm fine, it's just funny."

And, "Yeah, that is me....being funny."

And, "Yes, I'm okay...no really I'm okay. No, I'm not sick!"

So, I will relent and let you rest assured that I have not gone off the deep end. I'm healthy and fine and still think it's hilarious.

But because I comment on other blogs and my chats pop up in your windows, I will give you something a little less SNL. I know, I'm softening up.



On a totally different note, my drawings for my friend Joy's book are almost finished. After this, I'm not taking any more jobs from others. I've decided to venture out on my own. I'm going to make a book about Esther for little kids.

I don't know what direction or approach I will take with the illustrations, but I'm going to do it myself and create a hero that kids can look up to. There are far too few books/coloring books/stories about her and my daughter is very disappointed.
So, as I go I will post pics and excerpts.
Pray for me!

10 comments:

  1. Oh man I am pumped about the book!! I know you will do great, I will be praying for you. I think that it will be so cool - I will buy it for when/if I have kids of my own! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO awesome you're going to do a book...I would love to see some pics of what you've been working on for your friend's book, too..btw, I think your old pic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I think your pic is hilarious. You are so beautiful (even though you are my daughter), that it's difficult for you to photograph goofy but you did it. I laughed out loud when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm so excited about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the encouragement, everyone. it means a lot. i will keep you updated.

    Dad, (and you few others) thanks for "getting" me. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i look forward to reading it to hadassah!!!
    p.s. i like you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Lauren..."p.s. i like you"...isn't she something?!

    I actually didn't think much of the glasses because they're in right now...hipsters wear stuff like that. I just thought, "right on."

    I also LOVE the book idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word...AWESOME! I love your picture. Very creative and hilarious, good job Caryle. I'm stoked about the book too! You'll do great, I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the new photo is much easier to digest. very beautiful. i wondered about that other shot... the librarian look can be sexy, but you look a little stressed out, like someone tipped over the card catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's too funny Leah - you made Sean and I laugh out loud. Sean wants to clarify though, that this is NOT a librarian look as it incites no romantic feelings in him...at all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete