Tears, weeping...I feel like I can't get my hands high enough or my face close enough to the ground. I feel Him and I know we are together. I know the words I'm saying I will say forever in eternity, and that's all I want to do when I hear that song. I just want to be in His presence forever worshiping. Some people can't imagine singing to Him forever and not wanting to do other things. I can't think of anything I'd rather do. It's gut wrenching. It's heartbreaking. It's divine. It's the best, the most my heart can give and I hate stopping. I hate the song ending. I don't understand why we end it anyway. My heart rings with eternity and I can't bear walking away.
Yes, doing the day to day things IS praising Him. I get that. I know my children, husband, housework, chores, cooking, etc. are worshipful. I do these things as unto Him. Gladly! But to sit at His feet all day?? Oh I can't wait!
I want to take this love in my heart and turn around and show all my lukewarm friends. All my sweet, burnt-out, trying-to-do-life-alone friends and give them this gift. But can they see it? I know they know the song, I know they know Him, but it's like Esther in One Night with the King. She tries to show them the stars in her necklace - her past, her present and her future. But do they see?
I feel like we have this gift from Him on a silver platter. It's gourmet. Our mouths have never tasted anything this delicious. And we want to share it. We offer it to those we think will appreciate it. We want to share it with the world...but sadly, they are so full of junk food that they don't even appreciate this delicacy.
It's time for a purging. Deep in our bellies. It's time to eat from His hand. To drink from His fountain. To befriend Wisdom.
How do you share this? I have an appetite only for Him, but how does one share hunger to the full?
Oh come, Lrd! Show yourself to these, your people!!
No comments:
Post a Comment